Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Version 0.952

After the concert on Sunday (which went well) I made a few adjustments and here is the release of version 0.952. (you find it on the left side of this blog)
Whats new?
The Midi-engine for channel1 is much more stable now, polyphony up to 16 voices - no more midi "hangs"...
If included a slider for the note-length now, I always had problems with handling some polyphonic tasks if i put the note length on the tenori-on to high - so the patch is now doing the job, and this works much better.
I am still not happy with the remote-mode. The status of the led`s is not always the status of the patterns or samples trigered in Live, and that makes it somehow quite confusing. If I want to find a solution I have to find out, if the led`s of the Tenori-On can be triggered by Midi-massages. If anybody has a hint for me it would be appreciated !

2 comments:

ponteach said...

If I want to find a solution I have to find out, if the led`s of the Tenori-On can be triggered by Midi-massages. If anybody has a hint for me it would be appreciated!

I will receive a Tenori-On later this week, therefore I may soon find the answer, but do I understand you correctly that an external sequencer attached to the Tenori-On's MIDI IN do NOT trigger the LED's???

OhParis said...

I tried my best to control the leds, but it seems that yamaha locked it up :
- When using the TO's internal engine with an external keyboard or sequencer, the leds won't flash.
- The sysex controlling the leds is outputted, but isn't received by the TO (cf. user manual). I tested that, and it's effectively not working.

To me, the solution is to find a key combination to activate sysex input, like to ones for advanced mode (L1 + L5 held at startup) or test mode.